Disability Awareness training overview
This Disability Awareness course provides information and advice to ensure that services, policies and procedures comply with current legislation and to open up services to a wider range of users. Learners will leave with a general awareness of how to make services accessible and how to interact positively with people with disabilities.
Disability training delivered at your venue or via live interactive video conference training.
Please take a look at our reviews page for some testimonials from organisations where this course has been delivered.
Disability Awareness Course Content
- Understand your rights and responsibilities regarding current legislation.
- Understand key words including disability, discrimination, inclusion, equality, diversity…..
- Discuss stereotyping and unconscious bias
- Identify barriers that people with disabilities face
- Understand different approaches to disability and how this can affect the service you provide
- Understand how you can make your organisation inclusive and accessible to all
- Use appropriate language and communication skills when interacting with disabled people
- Gain the confidence to interact with disabled people in all aspects of your organisation
Duration of Disability Awareness training – 3 hrs
Max number of learners 12
Cost – As little as £19 per person.
Please contact us to request a training quote
Please see our other course pages to view details of the following courses or contact us on 07376 634655/ email@example.com.
Care Certificate Training, Health & Social Care Training, Mandatory Health Training, Epilepsy Training, Autism Training, Dementia Training, Managing Challenging Behaviour training, Mental Capacity Training, Infection Control Training, Disability Awareness Training, Working at Heights training, Health and Safety Awareness Training, Evacuation Chair Training, Health and Safety training, Risk Assessments Training, Emergency First Aid training, First Aid at Work training, First Aid at Work Requalification training, Basic Life Support training, including Defib training, Food Safety Awareness training, Food Safety training, Food Safety training L3, Safeguarding training, Safeguarding Children and Young People L2 training, Safeguarding Children and Young People L3 training, Safeguarding Adults L2 training, Conflict Resolution training, Personal Safety & Lone Worker training, Fire Safety training, Fire Marshal training, Manual Handling training, People Moving and Handling training, medication training, leadership and development training programmes, First Aid for Mental Health training, Mental Health Training, First Aid training.