Mental Capacity & DoLS Course
Location: Zoom (online course)
This Mental Capacity course has been designed to help healthcare staff understand the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and their implementation throughout the social care and healthcare sectors. Scroll down for course content.
NB: If you have several members of staff that need training it is likely to be more cost effective to make a group booking – Please contact us for a quote.
- What the Mental Capacity Act is
- The legal responsibilities under the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- The five principles of the Mental Capacity Act and how to apply them in practice
- How to ensure individuals are supported and involved when making decisions
- How the provisions in the act keep people safe
- Assessing capacity
- Best Interest principles
- Advance decision
- Importance of good record keeping
- What Deprivation of Liberty is
- How the safeguards impact on individuals and those supporting them
- How Deprivation of Liberties assessments are carried out