1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work Training
Location: Bury Centre
This First Aid training course enables a first-aider to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work. Our first aid training is aligned to current guidelines published by the Resuscitation Council (UK). Scroll down for course content.
NB: If you have several members of staff that need training it is likely to be more cost effective to make a group booking – Please contact us for a quote.
Practical and theoretical First Aid training course covering:
- Responsibilities/role of the first aider
- Assessment of the situation
- Preventing cross infection
- First aid kits/equipment
- Accident recording/reporting
- Primary and secondary survey
- Safe use of an AED
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- First aid treatment for, choking, bleeding, burns, shock, epilepsy and other
Minimum of 14 years of age and a certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment. A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the student is suitable for that role.